The application period for cohort one is closed; however, we encourage you to apply for the next Social Equity Program cohort. Please register here to begin the application process. Notice: We recommend that applicants use Google Chrome for the best user experience.
Social Equity Program – Application Preview
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants or licensees are eligible for the social equity program if they demonstrate at least one of the following criteria:
1. Residence in an area of disproportionate impact for at least 5 of the past 10 years and an income that does not exceed 400% of the Federal Poverty Level;
2. A past drug conviction and residence in Massachusetts for at least the preceding 12 months; or
3. Married to or the child of a person with a drug conviction and residence in Massachusetts for at least the preceding 12 months.
Track Overview: These tracks are based on an applicant’s specific interests in the cannabis industry, their current skills, and the outcomes they are seeking to gain from the program.
- Entrepreneur: Those seeking licensure and ownership
- Core: Those interested in cannabis careers at Marijuana Establishments at the managerial and executive level
- Core Experienced Candidates (2-6 years)
- Core Professional Candidates (7+ years)
- Re-Entry & Entry: Those interested in entry-level positions within Marijuana Establishments
- Re-entry level Candidates (re-entering society)
- Entry-level Candidates (0-2 years)
- Ancillary: Those with existing skills that are directly transferable to working with or supporting cannabis businesses. Inventors and developers of new cannabis accessories and tools.
- Trade Professionals
- Managerial Professionals