These tracks are designed based on an applicant’s specific interest in the cannabis industry, their current skills, and the outcomes they are seeking from the program.
The Entrepreneur Track is for participants seeking Marijuana Establishment licensure. The program will prepare participants to apply for, own, and sustain a Marijuana Establishment. Courses include but are not limited to:
- Application and Licensure Process;
- Business Plan Development and Raising Capital;
- Operational Compliance and Post-Licensure Operations; and
- The Municipal Process and Host Community Agreements.
The Core Track is for participants seeking managerial and executive-level careers within a Marijuana Establishment. The program will prepare participants to understand best management practices for cannabis businesses, identify opportunities for managerial positions, and provide hands-on training and education to obtain relevant positions. Courses include but are not limited to:
- Cultivation and Product Manufacturing;
- Lab Testing and Cannabis-Specific Retail; and
- Resume and Interview Preparation for Cannabis Careers.
The Entry Track is for participants interested in entry-level careers within a Marijuana Establishment with little or no experience. The program prepares participants to understand the cannabis plant, legal industry, and entry-level opportunities. Courses include but are not limited to:
- Retail, Cultivation, and Product Manufacturing;
- Testing and Cannabis-Specific Education; and
- Resume and Interview Preparation for Entry-Level Positions in the Cannabis Industry.
The Ancillary Track is for participants who have skills or businesses that support the cannabis industry but are not seeking licensure or employment within a Marijuana Establishment. The program will prepare participants to understand how their current skill sets or businesses are related to and supportive of the cannabis industry. The coursework will also explore how to develop an ancillary business. Courses include but are not limited to:
- Business Plan Creation and Facility Design;
- Accounting, Taxes, and Business Compliance; and
- Branding, Marketing, and Advertising.